Here's what we serve up:
Web Site Construction
Building a compelling web site involves diverse talents and
skills. Some of them are obvious, but others might surprise you.
At Fab Gear, we have deep experience in the tools, standards, protocols,
products and techniques you'll need to get your project going.
On the server side, for example:
- Java, Servlets and JSP: Tomcat, Resin, JServ, ServletExec, WebMacro, Struts
- C++, C, Python, Perl, and far too many more
- Web servers: Apache, iPlanet, IIS, Squid
- Database servers: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Protocols and standards: HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS, MIME. And not just using
them - we've written client and server implementations of them!
- Development tools: CVS, Bugzilla
- Network security: firewalls, port filtering, network address translation (NAT), SSH, etc.
- Operating systems: Solaris, Linux, Windows
Closer to the presentation end, you might be interested in:
- HTML and XML, including browser capabilities (a short list) and quirks (a long list).
- Style sheets, from CSS to XSL
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D, Swish, Fireworks, etc.
If you're into obsolete technologies, we're still trying to repress
memories of CGI, NSAPI, LiveWire, and Smalltalk. Also xIPC, DCE...
middleware in general, come to think of it. If you're still working
with any of this stuff, come on by - we'll buy you a beer and help
you figure a way out.